Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Madras Kappi

I was born in Srilliviputtur( birth place of famous hindu god Andal) a small town in the southern part of TamilNadu but was brought up in chennai famously called as Madras and very very famous for Madras kappi. What is Madras Kappi? Coffee made from Coffee beans(powder) and chicory with lot of milk with coffee allowed to be filtered overnight just by gravity. My mom makes very very good Filter coffee or Madras kappi to be called. Aroma of she making coffee in the morning can definitely wake you up. I miss those days when I had a filter coffee in hand and reading Hindu Newspaper sports page in the morning. My dad use to scold us badly for directly going to the sports page in the Paper, we never heard his words on that. I don’t think people will have so much patience to make filter coffee in this modern world. Todays world is Instant world right from coffee to making instant Idli. I guess Filter coffee will be soon added to the extinction list.

No comments: