Sunday, June 29, 2008

Ven Pongal

I am a big fan of Ven Pongal, I did not have a proper ven pongal since I came to US. Lady luck shined on us, new friend of mine who moved from India to Scranton a month back offered to cook Ven Pongal for us(in total 5 of us) yesterday night. It all started when we were planning on what to do on saturday night. We searched for proper pressure cooker and all the required ingredients to be added and finally started cooking @around 9.45 in the night( not bad for a saturday night). Then there was a discussion on what chutney to be made for pongal, cocunut chutney was decided on vote. Green chilli and Pepper for pongal had to be borrowed from my friends apartment. I had a wish that pongal will be good with chutney and sambar too, that combination is just too awesome. Lady luck again smiled on us again, one of my friend who was there had made sambar in afternoon, we brought that in and made some adjustments( liquified it to some extent) for pongal. MMMMMMMMMMMM it was yummy, it was worth spending sometime on cooking pongal and eating it, i was taken back to India when my mom use to make pongal on sunday morning. Thanks to our chief cook Jagadish for making the pongal so yummy.

No comments: